So as I left off in my last post, the doc sent me home with a diuretic and told me to cut back on the caffeine, try to stick to a low salt diet (as I came to find out, this is hard to do thus the reason for the diuretic to help eliminate salt).
I must say that I was drinking quite a few cups of coffee each day just trying to keep moving and not crash. I cut back to decaf coffee (still a little caffeine, but way less than before) and tried for the most part to keep it to one cup a day. In addition during the first month after diagnosis I cut back on work an few hours a day and religiously took the diuretic. After about a month I tried to go back to a normal schedule.
I would say that for the next year I returned to a fairly normal life in that I was able to work and "get by". However I did not like the idea of taking a pill every day and there were some mild side effects. In addition, there were still many "triggers" that would set off my symptoms.
I remember reading that it is thought that Meniere's Disease is likely an autoimmune disorder. I decided to do a little research on what people with autoimmune issues should do and see if there was a better way to handle this problem.
I found a very common thread in everything I read about autoimmune diseases. The number one thing I found is that sugar is bad for the immune system. Sugar is pure carbohydrate. Now I know that nobody want to talk about "carbs" anymore but bear with me!
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment